About Our Board
Under the direction and guidance of our Board of Directors, organizational/ administrative protocols are formulated and monitored. Such governorship that our Board and its sub-committees include:
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits major and planned gifts, and relationships with foundations, corporations, individuals and community organizations.
- Monitors activities; identifies and corrects problems related to areas such as funding, expenditures and related matters.
- Supervises General Managing Partners.
- Manages and coordinates volunteer and professional relationships in support of U.N.I.T.Y. outreach events, major/planned gift fundraising activities, and the annual campaign.
- Creates and oversees the distribution of marketing materials.
- Meets with community members and organizations to tell the U.N.I.T.Y. story and to gain financial support.
- Financial forecasting,
- Policy and procedures protocols,
- 3 and 5 year Strategic visioning,
- Direct day-to-day visibility with organization staff,
- Motivating, directing, and committed to serving U.N.I.T.Y. constituents (pre and post released women and men, the Elderly, Transgendered, Veterans) and their families.
U.N.I.T.Y. is very fortunate to have recruited such an attentive, participative board while at the same time is very hands as it relates to major decisions about the organization.